Your web-browser is very outdated, and as such, this website may not display properly. Please consider upgrading to a modern, faster and more secure browser. Click here to do so.
this article starts with the line ‘when half the faculty at Harvard and Boston College Law Schools endorse a bill that encourages poor countries to take children from their mothers and send them to the United States for adoption, you’d think something was amiss’ and it’s probably a sign i read too many (or just enough) adoption blogs that my first thought was ‘i thought that was the whole point of international adoption’.
"Children who were not unparented or homeless before end up becoming institutionalized as a direct result of orphanages setting up shop in poor areas.”
I know this is a useless shout into the void but here goes:
I’m adopted and I’m trying to find my younger birth brother who was also adopted by a different family (complicated I know) but if you can help PLEASE let me know
Here are the things I know for sure:
- My name is Haleigh, I was born on August 28th 1993 in New Braunfels, Texas.
- My birthparents are named Gordon and Dixie
- I have three older birthsiblings: Brandi, Brennan, and Gordon III. They were not given up. I’m not sure why my younger brother and I were.
- They live in Seguin, TX (or they used to)
- My younger birth brother was born either a year or three years after me (my adopted family can’t remember. They were going to adopt him, but didn’t have enough money ?? I think. They don’t like to talk about it.)
- The family who adopted him live in Dallas? Maybe Austin. (again my parents couldn’t remember)
- My adoption was through a lutheran service? So his might have been too.
- We’ve never met, but I’d like to (but only if he wants to)
If any of this sounds familiar to anyone please message me. I know it’s super vague like I don’t know his name or birthdate, but I would really appreciate anything.
p.s. please don’t dismiss your efforts as useless. It takes tremendous courage to begin the search, and the good news is that connecting with birth family is nowhere NEAR as improbable as it once was. Even on this platform I see breakthroughs happening every day for adoptees.
I had a lot less information than this to start with, and still had some of my birth family members found via the internet! The future is now. Good luck and glory be to you. X
"So, I watch a lot of American porn, and I was wondering if you could tell me - is it true that women in America sleep with the pizza delivery guy when he comes to their houses? I need a cultural expert to explain this to me."
im going to adopt overseas just to spite these teenage shits lolz
This white American and would-be adoptive parent calls Black and POC adoptees “MONKEYS” and repeatedly issues ableist, infantilising attacks against international and transracial adoptees (many of whom are from non-English-speaking countries) based on their deviations from spacebunnysparkle-empress’s standards of English language.
white settlers smh.
White people and would-be adoptive parents, come collect your own^ I can’t even with this mess it’s horrific
I don’t understand american school years what the fuck is a freshman or a sophomore why do you have these words instead of the numbers
what why would you use numbers
so IT FUCKING MAKES SENSE WHAT THE HELL IS A SOFT MOORE OR A FRESH MAN WHY ARE THE MEN FRESH
Page 1 of 24