Your web-browser is very outdated, and as such, this website may not display properly. Please consider upgrading to a modern, faster and more secure browser. Click here to do so.
This is not equal representation:
This is equal representation:
SAY IT AGAIN ONE MOE TIME
Design that matters.
ways to do well in the social sciences
- use the word “paradigm” in every sentence
- use the word “construct” in every sentence
- use the word “discourse” in every sentence
- instead of saying “the author’s opinion on xyz” add “-ian” to the author’s last name and instead of ‘opinion’ say ‘school’; example, “ah, yes, the Lalondesian school”
- make every noun a verb; e.g. problematize, fetishize, binarize, dichotomize, sexualize. bonus: paradigmize.
- make everything plural even if it’s not supposed to be plural, e.g. knowledges, homosexualities, truths
- sample sentence: “The Lalondesian school constructs paradigmatically binarized knowledges of homosexualities.”
Reblogging for my friend Adrian, who is also studying sociology.
i love laughing about the friend zone because it’s so dumb like you know most of those dudes aren’t even IN the “friend zone” they’re in the “ugh god not this dude again” zone
In the generic queer template, everyone’s either really skinny or a little pudgy with bad posture, and everyone has short hair, tattoos, and piercings. Long hair is for straight and/or trans women. Everyone lives in a city and no one over 30 is likely to be found. Sometimes, one or two of them will be people of color, but they will be partnered with white people so nobody panics. There are lots of bikes.
Page 1 of 4